Store Your Clothes Safe From Pests & Damage
If you are the kind of person who has more clothes than you could possibly wear in a year, then it’s fair to assume that there are plenty of items that get stored away for months before you unearth them to put them back in the rotation! If that is the case, then something that you should be worrying about is the presence of mould and moths.
The last thing that you want is to discover that your entire summer or winter collection has been ruined by pesky pests! Here at Grice Storage Systems, our main focus is supplying storage in Albury to customers, but we also like to give out general tips as well! With that in mind, here is how to store clothes to prevent mould and moths.
Our Tips For Storing Your Clothes
- The first step to take is washing all of the clothes in question before you actually start storing them. The cleaner they are when they go into storage, the cleaner they are going to be when they come out!
- For short term storage, vacuum sealing is always a good option because it is a sure-fire way to make sure that nothing from the outside environment is going to get inside to affect the clothes. This isn’t the best idea for long term storage though, or storage of delicate items like wedding dresses.
- Another great option is using plastic containers that have secure slip-on lids. Paying close attention when you seal the lid after packing gives you peace of mind that nothing is going to get in there.
- Cedar balls and blocks can be your best friend! Always use one or two in the direct vicinity of your stored clothes in order to prevent moths, mildew and any musty odours.
- If you can’t guarantee perfect conditions in your own residence, then you can always opt for a professional storage unit that can promise a climate-controlled area where your clothing can remain in perfect health with no fear of damage.
So, if you are looking for some solutions for your own storage in Albury, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at Grice storage Systems. Get in contact with a member of our trained and experienced team and they will be able to answer any questions that you might have related to storage. We very much look forward to being able to solve your problems!